Spaying emulsion on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me their views on using a sprayer to spray emulsion, and if recommended which is the best Sprayer to buy.
Also an it be used to spray fencing?
Cheers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed a coffered ceiling and wainscot panelling to our master bedroom a few years ago; spraying was my best option for speed and ease. I bought a secondhand but little used Apollo 1500 HVLP spray outfit;

https://www.airsupplies.co.uk/star-...KEsenZesfzq4bDpWb6TVOuiwKTeZ-24BoC6B0QAvD_BwE

These spray outfits aren't cheap but if bought secondhand and used on a big job then sold on the cost is much reduced. My Apollo did a superb job; I used Dulux Diamond Matt white but had to thin this right down to get it to spray but once the viscosity was OK it went on like a dream. Ventilation and mask are needed for personal safety and masking takes quite a bit of time but once everything is set up spraying is a pleasure. The only downside was the gun nozzle which proved to be a real pain to clean; this paint lives up to its name of diamond but apart from this no problems at all; I kept the outfit very clean keeping it away from the actual spraying so when I sold the outfit on I got back what I'd paid for it. The hose is sure to get paint on it but the turbine can be kept clean.

I used masking film and it was brilliant;

https://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/f/FOSSA_TRUEMASK_82_PRECISION_MASKER_FILM/

Spraying_0001.JPG

The Apollo spray outfit.
Spraying_0002.JPG

New wainscot panelling fully installed and spray painted; the walls were done with a roller.
Spraying_0003.JPG

The new coffered ceiling; installing this was difficult enough and I didn't fancy then brush painting it; the ceiling inner panels were painted with a small 4" roller as were the walls. All the white was sprayed though including the new window surround and window frame. The end result was perfect and the blood has returned to my hands and arms.

Good luck.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question