Gas fireplace insert

Reaction score
Its fall and we've stated using our insert. A question: After a few days it is slow to light.....maybe 20-30 seconds. If we relight it a few hours later, poof...immediate. Last spring I replaced the thermopile, thermocouple and it worked great for the couple weeks of spring we used it. The remote etc all seems good and like I noted, after it has been off a few hours, no problem Any ideas? The pilot appear strong and no issue

Reaction score
More questions……. After digging through the internet I have been trying to find what kind of fittings are used on my insert pilot assembly. It is apparently an SIT brand and no where can I find fittings that are the same as are on the feed tube (1/8”). I’m probably good for at least several years, but if I could add a 45 or 90 deg elbow under the pilot and shorten the tube to 10-12 inches, life would be easier. I suppose I could take out some of the middle of the tube leaving the fittings intact and use a coupling to rejoin the aluminum tube. I just do not like adding fittings to gas lines unless totally necessary. Anybody know facts about SIT fittings….size, availability, thread?

Ask a Question