3 Phase converter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having decided on a second hand 2 post lift it being 3 phase and my only having a single phase supply I now need pointing to a 3 phase converter. The current motor is a Hofmann 3KW running a mechanical screw type lift Holman 2.5 ton lift. I`m purely a classic car enthusiast so it will not be "over worked". Once a suitable converter has been purchased I will get a qualified guy in to sort it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
True, you can use a phase converter. A VFD will do that as well.

However, you might find it best to change the motor on the hydraulic power pack to a 230 1Ø motor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thankyou AC Power. I am exploring the possibility of single phase however the availability and cost of a motor and any additional wiring/control requirements currently make me lean towards a VFD/phase converter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would add AC Power that the lift is a screw /mechanical type, not hydraulic which obviously would have been the way to go. Anyone experience with the Transwave Phase converters- would one do?

Ask a Question