Is this forum dying?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking at the dates and seeing barely any activity in 2024 and many questions completely unanswered from 2023. I find myself wondering if I'm somehow not seeing the latest version of the forum. Is this forum still active? Has something taken its place?

Reaction score
No notifications for well over a year.

Just had to change password, not looking good.

A lot of the regulars have disappeared, probably because they spend a lot of time and effort on an answer to why is my wall damp and never hear from the poster again.

Rumours around that DIY is dead, killed off by legislation and the "I'll leave it to the experts" brigade.

Good luck to the last lot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Guys are too busy these days watching some overpaid fairy kicking a ball around etc; no time for DIY and no DIY skills; no incentive in the UK because the government wants money from those who graft to prop up immigrants. Sorry not really meant to be political but it's real life. Better and more profitable to be idle at home on benefits; DIY = DON'T INVOLVE YOURSELF; let your wife or partner do it.

I've been bogged down with jobs hence have little time at the moment for forum activities but I'll be back shortly. I've just removed our 150kg steel bath and installed a walk in shower for my wonderful wife Bron who is too ill to use the bath any longer. The shower is now in and today I'm painting the window frame then plan to make a curved end vanity unit with new basin and taps.

I don't seem to have a minute; on top of the bathroom there's everyday chores like doing the dishes; laundry; gardens with weeding; grass cutting and hedge trimming; I washed and dried the car last night; Superman couldn't keep up with work here.

Monday & Tuesday this week were two different hospital appointments and tomorrow is a GP appointment at the surgery for Bron; it never lets up. Bron will always come first and I have a few minutes each morning; Bron takes Parkinson's medication 30 mins before food so it makes breakfast a bit later.

I do wonder at times if it's worth replying to any member with less than 10 posts; I've often replied to a new member asking a question on their first post and not even receiving a thank you;

I hope to remain active on this great forum so please lets fully support it; stop watching sport and using mobile phones; do some DIY?

Kind regards, Col.

Bathroom Mar2024_0009.JPG

Steel bath after being attacked with an angle grinder. Boy it was heavy and difficult to get out on my own.

Bathroom_0003_13.JPG

Beautiful walk in shower now installed.

Bathroom_0005_06.JPG

Complications upgrading the waste outlet to 40mm taking two frustrating days.

Reaction score
I drop in from time to time, but I'm not posting too much. Since I live in Norway, most of the building codes are different, and I'm short of advice om most topics.

Ask a Question