Help with fan noise

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

A few months ago I installed a new ceiling fan. I don't have the precise model in front of me right now, but if it's not this one it's pretty close. After the installation was complete, everything was more or less fine (which was an accomplishment for me, trust me). There was a slight noise with each rotation that sounded like something was rubbing against something else, but even the instruction guide says that that's pretty common and that it will stop over time.

Well, predictably, it hasn't stopped, and in fact has gotten a little worse over the past few months. It's at that annoying noise level where you can mostly ignore it, but as soon as you notice it it's SUPER annoying. I would really like to fix it. Here's what it sounds like: (You may need to turn up your volume to hear it.)

There aren't many screws in this installation and I'm confident everything that I have access to is screwed in securely.

Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question