havc not coming on a/c or furnace

Reaction score
Country
United States
i have a person on a local forum that sent me a email asking if i may be able to direct them to the issue of there furnace or a/c not turning on.

the ahve the goodman model gmec800803bnaa furnace. they changed out the t/s and still it failed, so they posted on the forum asking if anyone had a clue for what to look for.

so far i asked then to look on the blower section to see if it has the control board light flashing. and if not look for the switch on the side of the furnace and make sure that is on and if it is to check the breaker panel for a tripped breaker.

next if they confirm those to be on i want to direct them to look on the board for a blown fuse. i think i pointed out those locations on the board correctly for the control light and the control fuse. can anyone confirm i picked the correct areas from this photo? if it turns out the control light has a pulse. then the control fuse should be fine. and they may have more going on and i may have to take a road trip to help them but i hate driving over to people's homes just to find a breaker a switch or fuse blown that they can check out themselves. if they do have that light on and not flashing a steady plus i will get the flash code from them to help them determine if they need more help from a service man. i find i can talk most folks thru these easy checks thru the message boards.

on that photo i told them the top blue line should be the area of the control light and the bottom blue line should be the fuse location. maybe someone here can confirm that for me

and if they do have the door off during those checks that they will have to close the door switch on the main body to see the light and leave it off to check the fuse.
thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Make sure you have 24vac power.
there is usually a transformer in the attic that is connected to a wall socket.
24vac is the control power for the unit.

Reaction score
Country
United States
SOLVED!!!

you will never figure this one out. it turned out to be the door was off the furnace. it seems they had a water leak and took the door off the furnace to make sure no water was standing in the bottom of the furnace and did not put it back and then never gave that a thought for why the a/c stopped working. wow!

and when i started giving them help on possible issues they never told me they took the door off for that water leak, and the door was still off the unit.

now you know why i try to help these people out with simple fixes before i load up my tools and drive to their homes and find stuff like this. she then replied that they had to cover off the furnace for a few weeks due to that water leak. i told them to put the door back on and try it.

i guess if i help another person with hvac issues i will ask them if the door is still on the furnace good. oh and to try to solve this by themselves they got a new t/s and installed that and it still did not work so they posted on the local forum for some help. so now they have a spare t/s

again thanks this one is solved.

Ask a Question