Dry lining

Reaction score
I need a front reception room in a 1930s house re-plastered. The lath and plaster ceiling has been removed and plaster board put up. The old lime plaster on the walls has been removed and the chimney breast removed. Two of the walls are relatively flat with the the odd brick sticking out but the wall that had the chimney breast is all over the place. I am guessing to do dry lining the walls must be pretty flat so I don't see how this room can be dry lined, especially the wall with removed chimney breast. All the plasterers that I have tried apart from being very expensive, compared to jobs that I have had done in the past, all only seem to be to want to do dry lining. If the can do it fine but I don't see how it can be done without looking a mess.
Am I over thinking this and should I trust that they know what they are talking about. One wanted a £1000 up front deposit for materials, from somebody I only have a mobile phone number for. Another wanted to render it with sand and cement ????? Doesn't anybody do plaster any more?

Ask a Question